Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Birthday Cupcake

Hello blog buddies! I found a little time to stamp and can't wait to share with you. This cupcake card is 100% inspired by one of the blogs that I stalk on a daily basis. Each morning I check my e-mail to see what Laurie at Just Give Me Stamps has created. When I saw this card, I couldn't wait to get into the studio and stamp. One of the things that I really enjoy about Laurie's style is the way she uses layers. You know I love layering!

The supplies I used are: Medium Blue, Black and Lime cardstock from Worldwin, Black Versafine Ink. Happy Birthday stamp from Stampendous and my new favorite cupcake from Lockhart Stamp Company. I colored the cupcake paper with Lime Peel Twinkling H20's and the cherry was colored with Poppy Red Twinks. A little Crystal Stickles for the frosting. I used a bit of Lime Chalk Ink around the edges of the cupcake panel. I used my Marvy scalloped punches for the cirlcles, but Nesties would work perfectly too! I finished the card off with some Lt. Blue Organdy Swirl and Black/White checked ribbons.

Hugs,