Monday, August 25, 2008

Mr. Owl's Heart



Here is card #7 from the Anni-Verve-sary (August 7). This turned out to be one of my favorites also. The green base layer for this card is from Bazzill, the purple layer is some paper that I had in my stash from ???. The white dots on the purple are embossed. I wish I could remember where I got this paper from. The print paper is from the first Karen Neuberger paper collection that was released from Paper Adventures. The verse is from Verve, the branch from Impress and Mr. Owl is from Hero Arts.
It is kinda hard to see, but Mr. Owl was paper pieced and I managed to get a heart from the paper for his chest. Too cute! For the verse panel, I cut the panel and scalloped panel with my nesties. The scallops on the purple panel were also cut with my nesties. I just layed the paper on the die so that only one edge would cut. The ribbons are from Amuse and they are so yummy too!


The branch stamp is a solid image and I took a hint from Julie Ebersole (JulieHRR) about outlining solid images with a fine black pen (Pigma Micron .005) to give it more definition. I used Prisma pencils and Copic markers to color, shade and define the branch and leaves.


Well, I should go and get ready for work. TTFN!