Monday, August 27, 2007

Blossom Eaters!

Although we have lived in the mountains for many years and it isn't unusual to see deer near the yard feasting on grass and limbs of nearby trees. That was before we moved last year. You see, we don't have a fence now and this beautiful doe and her babies (two of the cutest spotted fawns I have ever seen) have been dining in my garden. I have a pretty pink geranium that I have been nurturing and then I bought a couple of beautiful mums and placed them near the front walkway only to discover that they were going to be the next appetizer for my deer. Here are a couple of before and after pics.

My friend Anne told me to put new Bounce drying sheets in my plants because the deer don't like the smell. So far, so good. Now, if only it would work for the bears!

On a good note, the mum on the top still hasn't been eaten and the mum on the bottom is starting to bloom again.

Remember in Bambi when Thumper tells Bambi that "Momma says to eat the greens, but I like the blossoms!"