Sunday, May 4, 2008

National Scrapbooking Day

Did you know that there is a day dedicated to the art and craft of scrapbooking?? Well, the first Saturday in May has been set aside as National Scrapbooking Day! I didn't get to go to any crops yesterday but I was able to complete one of the challenges at AC Bailey. I used a sketch from Triple the Scraps for my design.

A couple weeks ago, Kendra wanted to show her friend in S. Africa a new outfit. So we went into the church courtyard and did a mini-photoshoot. Here are a few pics from that day.



A Merry Heart...doeth good like a medicine. Prov. 17:22

A warm smile is the universal language of kindness. ~~William Arthur Ward

The papers I used are part of the Summer Cottage line from Daisy Bucket Designs.

For the challenge we were to use 3 elements to add texture to our layout. I handcut the flowers and attached several of them with pop-dots, ribbon on the title and over the journaling card, and I used photo turns on the journaling card. This layout also has a fair amount of my favorite -- diamond stickles!