Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lockhart Retreat Cards




Here are the cards that we made in our Lockhart class at the retreat. I was amazed at how easy it really was to color with my Prismacolor pencils. Karen's instructions on how to achieve shading were the bomb! Karen had a great way of having us cover sections of our work and look at it to make sure that it was as interesting to look at from each vantage point. And then there was the "pick". Karen had us go back and "pick" spots to enhance with a touch more color. After the "pick", I would move my image away from me and I could see which parts of the image "popped" and which still looked flat. If something looked flat, I would add just a touch more color and then check it again.

I am going to do a One Card Quick class on May 17th using the Lockhart Zinnia stamp and Karen's coloring technique. If you would like to come, e-mail Sharon to save your spot in class.

Hugs,