Sunday, September 9, 2007

Birds of a Feather #1

I had a great time creating this card. The "hello" bird card is 5" x 7". I used Bazzill cardstock for the teal card and aqua layer. For the bird panel I used 120# cold press watercolor paper. The bird was stamped with Bark Versacolor ink and colored with Twinkling H2O's. I wet the body of the bird with water before I applied the color. This helps the colors blend a little better. The "hello" is from a Hero Arts set. The stamp actually says " A warm hello" but I needed a smaller stamp for the space, so I just inked part of the stamp. After the card was complete I went over all of the Bark lines with a Stardust Pen. I love the way the pen gives it that little extra shimmer. The stamp set used is called Feather Flourish and is from Stampendous.
I will upload another one tomorrow night.